Saturday, December 15, 2012

300,000 babies stolen from their parents


300,000 babies stolen from their parents – and sold for adoption: Haunting BBC documentary exposes 50-year scandal of baby trafficking by the Catholic church in Spain

14 December 2012

The Golden Rule Posted December 14, 2012 By Polly Dunbar Mail Online
Up to 300,000 Spanish babies were stolen from their parents and sold for adoption over a period of five decades, a new investigation reveals.
The children were trafficked by a secret network of doctors, nurses, priests and nuns in a widespread practice that began during General Franco’s dictatorship and continued until the early Nineties.
Hundreds of families who had babies taken from Spanish hospitals are now battling for an official government investigation into the scandal.
Several mothers say they were told their first-born children had died during or soon after they gave birth.
For the rest of this story visit The Golden Rule

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Today, January 9th, 2013 is the occasion of my daughter’s 53rd birthday and a very tragic occurrence involving California doctors stealing her twin. My doctor's hospital would not take me in for delivery of the twins since I had not yet paid them . My Dr. said go to the county hospital for the birth who would take me without pay ahead of time. My Dr. checked the heartbeat of the twins I was carrying and said they were both doing great and to come back to him after I gave birth. The county didn't know I had records at a doctors office, drugged me and stole one of the twins. I have not been able to afford to prove and fight it though enough evidence would be in my medical records at a hospital and a doctor's office.

I am reminded also of a young couple hitchhiking with their children because their vehicle had broke down. She was expecting twins any day . My son and I gave them what help we could; showers, meals and some traveling and offers to stay longer but they said they must go on to Ohio where they could be with family who could help them when the twins were born. I saw them kicking her abdomen! Very active! They contacted us once after they left. The twins were born the NEXT day! They were told the babies were dead. NO WAY!

I met a Mexican family of 3 working in a Los Angeles , California restaurant who were saving money for a lawyer to try to prove their daughter’s twin had been stolen years before.

How many babies have been stolen and sold in the USA?