Saturday, December 8, 2012

SADDENED by an omission


Let's face it! We have become a godless nation and we will pay the price!
An "omission", or more appropriately a lie, that I witnessed years ago In Washington, DC,  was when I overheard a tour guide telling a group of tourists at a national cemetary that all the crosses were facing the east because that was the direction of the White House where their "commander-in-chief" was.  I regret to this day that I didn't walk over, excuse myself and tell him they faced the east because as lightning moves from east to west, that is how Christ will return. 
Matthew 24:27  For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Subject: SADDENED by an omission


  SADDENED,  SENDING TO EVERYONE. PASS IT ON.



SHALL  WE HIRE A MONUMENT ENGRAVER TO GO TO ARLINGTON NATIONAL  CEMETERY AND ADD THE MISSING WORDS?

THIS IS A MESSAGE  FROM AN APPALLED OBSERVER:

Today I went to visit the 
new  World  War II Memorial in Washington , DC . I got an unexpected  history lesson. Because I'm a baby boomer, I was one of the  youngest in the crowd. Most were the age of my parents,  Veterans of 'the greatest war,' with their families. It was a  beautiful day, and people were smiling and happy to be there.  Hundreds of us milled around the memorial, reading the  inspiring words of Eisenhower and Truman that are engraved  there.

On the Pacific side of the memorial, a group of  us gathered to read the words President Roosevelt used to  announce the attack on Pearl Harbor :

'Yesterday,  December 7, 1941--a date which will live in infamy--the United  States of America was suddenly and deliberately attacked.' 

One elderly woman read the words aloud:

'With  confidence in our armed forces, with the abounding  determination of our people, we will gain the inevitable  triumph.'

But as she read, she was suddenly turned  angry. 'Wait a minute,' she said, 'they left out the end of  the quote. They left out the most important part. Roosevelt  ended the message with
'so  help us God.' 

Her husband said, 'You are probably right. We're not  supposed to say things like that now.'

'I know I'm  right,' she insisted. 'I remember the speech.' The two looked  dismayed, shook their heads sadly and walked away. 

Listening to their conversation, I thought to myself,  'Well, it has been over 50 years; she's probably forgotten.' 

But she had not forgotten.
She  was right.. 

I went home and pulled out the book my book club is  reading --- 'Flags of Our Fathers' by James Bradley. It's all  about the battle at Iwo Jima .


I  haven't gotten too far in the book. It's tough to read because  it's a graphic description of the WWII battles in the Pacific. 

But right there it was on page 58. Roosevelt 's speech  to the nation ends in '
so  help us God.' 

The people who edited out that part of the speech when  they engraved it on the memorial could have fooled me. I was  born after the war! But they couldn't fool the people who were  there. Roosevelt 's words are engraved on their hearts. 

Now I ask:
'WHO  GAVE THEM THE RIGHT TO CHANGE THE WORDS OF  HISTORY?????????' 

Send this around to your friends. People need to know  before everyone forgets.


People  today are trying to change the history of America by leaving  God out of it, but the truth is, God has been a part of this  nation, since the beginning. He still wants to be...and He  always will be!


If  you agree, pass this on and God Bless YOU!

If not, May God Forgive  You!
  
 



No comments: